Join the Library
For permanent residents, it is free to join the library and get access to all our great resources.
Who Can Join?
You can join Tasman District Libraries if:
- You live permanently in the Tasman District, Nelson City or Marlborough District; or
- You pay rates to the Tasman District Council; or
- You attend an educational institution in the Tasman District.
Adults visiting the Tasman District and staying for up to six months can join the library as a Holiday Borrower. The fee is $10.00 per month. Children's items may be borrowed on an adult card. Holiday Borrowers can take out up to 10 items at once.
How Do I Join?
If you live permanently, or own property, in the Tasman District, or live in Nelson city or the Marlborough District you may complete the online application form below and you will receive a 3 week temporary membership.
As a temporary library member you will immediately be able to:
- place a hold and/or borrow one item
- access our online collections
To become a full library member you will need to visit one of our libraries within 3 weeks and bring with you two forms of identification:
- ID with your signature and/or photograph (e.g. Driver’s licence, bank card, or passport)
- Official confirmation of your residential address (e.g. rates invoice, electricity/telephone bill, or bank statement)
If you are under 18, a parent or guardian will be required to complete the membership application process for you and act as your guarantor for library membership.
Conditions of Membership
I apply for a library card and agree as a library member or as a guarantor to:
- see that all items borrowed from the library are returned by the due date
- notify change of address and card loss immediately
- pay upon demand all overdue, damage or replacement charges incurred
- allow my personal information to be used in accordance with Tasman District Council’s privacy statement
I agree that the information provided at registration is correct.
Acceptance and Online Application Form
Click below to accept our library conditions and proceed to the application form. Completion of the application form as well as the signature on the issued library card implies acceptance of our conditions.