An online encyclopedia which includes timelines, film clips, crafts and audio, great for homework help.
Different interfaces for different user groups:
- For Kids - easier searches and exciting games for children;
- Info Finder - for intermediate and high school students;
- Reference Centre - for senior and tertiary students. Includes citation builder and e-books;
- Academic – appropriate for senior students and tertiary level research;
- Early World of Learning – for preschoolers and developing readers;
- Discover – for students with language or learning difficulties, including EFL and ESOL students;
- Craft Corner – thousands of hands-on activities for all levels.
What you can do:
- Print a timeline of New Zealand's prime ministers or historical events, or create your own timeline;
- Learn how to build a volcano, make your own turbine, and test your breathing rate;
- Read primary sources such as a 1431 account of Joan of Arc's trial and execution, Pliny’s account of the destruction of Pompeii or Martin Luther King, Jr.’s "I Have a Dream" Speech.