Best Books of 2013
Monday 20 January 2014
Looking for something good to read over summer?
At this time of the year many book reviewers are publishing their lists of the best reads of 2013. These lists are a great way of discovering a great new author or book.
The Goodreads Choice Awards are decided by book readers rather than reviewers. With almost two million votes cast in 20 categories you can be sure of finding a book to sink your teeth into.
The top three Goodreads Choice Awards for fiction are:
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
The top three Goodreads Choice Awards for non-fiction are:
- The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum by Temple Grandin
- Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
- Lean in: Women Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg.